Project Name: Baseline study for Climate Resilience through Indigenous Seeds Systems Project (CRISP)
Project Location: Karnataka, Odisha, Tamilnadu, West Bengal
1) Conduct studies to inform the design of CRISP on Three thematic areas, Livelihood and Climate change analysis
Market access and Income generation opportunities analysis, Social, Gender and Institution analysis
2) To suggest strategies and possible interventions to achieve the project outcomes.
3) Understand, review and recommend refinements/additions to the project outcome indicators to inform the baseline and end line
4) Conduct the baseline study to measure the baseline values of project indicators.
Conducted qualitative studies in 4 project states using the different PRA techniques. FGDs and IDIs were conducted with relevant stakeholder to understand:
1) Vulnerabilities due to climatic & social shocks and creating sustainable livelihoods around indigenous seed system.
2) Existing practices, gaps and scope around the cultivation and marketing of indigenous seeds.
3) Used the accessed and control tools to understand the access and control of female over the resources in society.
4) Dietary diversity tools were used to measure the dietary diversity of households in project geographies.
4) Measured the maturity of community-based institutions using the CBO maturity index tools.
4) Designed the research instruments and facilitated project partners in collecting the data for baseline study